Monday, June 2, 2008

73's from N9XFX

Greetings from N9XFX Dennis. The photo on the Home page is from my previous Station where I had a nice Antenna Farm of FULL Size wire antennas for my favorite Bands. I'm now an Apartment dweller like a lot of my fellow Ham's, so I've been trying many different things to get on the air with some sort of efficiency. I enjoy the Rag chews, and working a few favorite Nets. The bottom line is the Antenna's for my, and many other Hams in our situation are only Compromise Antenna's. They will NEVER produce the results of there Full Size counterparts. I hope to share with others what I've learned by "Much" trial and error, as well as learn from you. Thanks for stopping by!
73's de N9XFX Dennis

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dennis, you might invest in an artificial ground. I used one before with an end fed wire and it made a big difference. If you could put up a windom and work it against ground you might enjoy a lot of fun. Fantastic antenna when worked against ground but I do mean GROUND!!! Dave